Bachelor and Master thesis
In this section, you find potential topics for a bachelor and master thesis based on the research topics, we are working on at the Chair for Supply and Value Chain Management. We encourage students to write their thesis in English language. Research journals are majorly published in English and companies today expect their employees to speak English fluently.
Currently tendered topics by the chair
Here, you find specific topics tendered by the chair at the moment. If you are interested, please use the “Apply now” button above.
- Currently no tendered topics, please reach out via the “Apply now” button with your own research suggestion
- We offer two Master theses in the research area “Food Waste in Retail”
The grocery sector is confronted with various challenges leading to food waste generation. This includes, for instance, difficulties in forecasting, ordering processes, and inventory management, as well as the pressure of having a wide assortment and high availability over the day. Within the Masters’ thesis, current methods will be analyzed to identify implicit restrictions and dependencies in in-store logistics and operations. Based on this, optimization approaches and useful enhancements for operational planning models are derived.
More details and a precise delimitation of the subject will be discussed with the supervisor in advance.
Start: possible at any time
- Development of an interview guide based on current literature (in coordination with the supervisor)
- Finding and contacting suitable interviewees (i.e. store managers, retail experts)
- Conducting the interviews and analyzing of the gathered information via qualitative content analysis.
- Derivation of improvements for operational store processes
Please note: Fluent German is necessary, as the interviews are usually held in German.
In case of any questions please contact email@example.com
Inspiration for own topic suggestion
- Last mile logistics in omnichannel retail
- Multi depot online order fulfillment
- Optimizing assortments for omni-channel retailers and packaging-free food stores
- Planning problems in omnichannel distribution
- Planning approaches to prevent food waste before it actually emerges
- Inventory management and assortment strategies in food retail market and their effects on the amount of food waste
Last mile delivery
- Last mile delivery routing
- Vehicle assignment with machine learning methods
- Automated and robotized warehousing systems
- Behavioral issues and human factors in supply chain management – transportation and warehousing